Graduate Students Supervised at VT
- Colberg, R. D., "Fundamental and Practical Developments of Magnetofluidized Beds" (1982). Currently at Eastman Chemical Company, Kingsport, TN.
- Hamby, R. K., "Fundamental Studies of Unpacked and Screen-Packed Fluidized Beds in Axial and Transverse Magnetic Fields" (1984). Currently at U. S. Department of Agriculture, San Francisco, CA.
- Hirt, D. E., "Heat Transfer between a Supernatant Gas and a Flowing Vibrofluidized Bed of Solids" (1984). Currently Chair of Chemical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
- Cheah, C. W., "Heat Transfer between a Supernatant Gas and a Flowing Vibrofluidized Bed of Solid Particles" (1986). Senior Consultant, Primescape Solutions, Inc., Herndon, VA.
- Boyd, J. H., "Heat Transfer between a Supernatant Gas and a Flowing Shallow Fluidized Bed of Solids" (1987). Fuel and Mineral Research. Inc., Germantown, MD.
- Brunet, J. C., "An Expert System for Solvent-Based Separation Process Synthesis" (1992). Foster Wheeler Company, France.
- Fien, G. J. A., "Studies on Process Synthesis and Process Integration" (1994). Currently at KBC Process Technology, London, United Kingdom.
- Autret, E., "Studies in Process Integration of Energy and Environmental Systems" (1995). Currently at Vivendi Water Anjou Recherche, St Maurice Cedex, France.
- Mullins, E., "Application of COSMO-SAC to Solid Solubility in Pure and Mixed Solvent Mixtures for Organic Pharmacological Compounds" (2007). Currently at Eastman Chemical Company. Kingsport, TN.
- Gaglione, Anthony, "Multiscale Modeling of an Industrial Nylon-6 Leacher" (2007).Currently at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG), Chantilly, VA.
- Su, Yung-Chieh, "Predictions of Thermophysical Properties for Biodiesel Manufacturing" (2010).Currently at Powertec Energy Corporation, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Dion, Miles, "Comparison of Multieffect Distillation and Extractive Distillation Systems for Corn Based Ethanol Plants". Completed on January 12, 2012.
- Whiting, G. K., "Development of a Microreactor System for Unsteady-State Fischer- Tropsch Synthesis" (1985), Currently at DuPont Company, Wilmington, DE.
- Yang, J. C., "Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer in Shallow Fluidized Beds" (1986), Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Cheng, S. H., "Systematic Synthesis of Sloppy Multicomponent Separation Sequences" (1987), Currently Professor of Chemical Engineering, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Sprung, R., "Studies in Vibrofluidized Beds and Synthesis of Silica Catalysts" (1987). Currently Professor of Chemical Engineering, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil.
- Thomas, B., "Shallow Vibrated Particulate Beds: Bed Dynamics and Heat Transfer" (1988). Cole National, Cleveland, OH.
- Mason. M. O., "Bed Dynamics and Heat Transfer in Shallow Vibrated Particulate Beds" (1990). Senior Engineer/Scientist, Azdel, Inc., Forest, VA.
- Quantrille, T. E., "Prolog and Artificial Intelligence in Chemical Engineering" (1991). Currently President and CEO at Advanced Composite Materials Corporation, Greenville, SC.
- Baughman, D. R., "Neural Networks in Bioprocessing and Chemical Engineering" (1995). BASF,Wilmington, Delaware.
- Al-Shayji, K. H., "Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization of Large-Scale Commercial Desalination Plants" (1998). Currently Professor of Chemical Engineering, Kuwait University.
- Mann, J. G., "Process Integration: Unifying Concepts, Industrial Applications and Software Implementation" (1999). Currently at Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA.
- Khare, N., "Predictive Modeling of Metal-Catalyzed Polyolefin Processes" (2003). Currently at Honeywell Specialty Materials, Chesterfield, VA.
- Seavey, K. C., "Research and Development of Simulation and Optimization Technology for Commercial Nylon-6 Manufacturing Processes" (2003). Currently at DOW, Freeport, TX.
- Lucas, B., "Fundamental Modeling of Solid-State Polymerization Process Systems for Polyesters and Polyamides" (2005). Currently at Michelin, Paris, France.
- Chang, Ai-Fu, "Predictive Modeling and Production Planning of Hydrotreating and Hydrocracking Processes" (2011). Currently at ChervonPhillips Chemical Company, Houston, TX.
- Pashikanti, K., "Predictive Modeling and Production Planning of Fluid Catalytic Cracking and Naphtha Reforming Processes" (2011). Currently at ChervonPhillips Chemical Company, Houston, TX.
- Yu, Yueying, "Simulation and Comparison of Operational Modes of Simulated Moving Bed (SMB) Chromatography".
- Higgins, Stuart, "Energy Savings and Optimization of Carbon Dioxide Capture Processes".
- Wood, Kevin, "Computing Tools for Understanding, Simulation and Optimization of Adsorptive and Chromatographic Separation Processes". Currently with ExxonMobil Company, Beaumont, TX.
- Sharma, Niket, "Simulation, Optimization, Monitoring and Advanced Control of Polyolefin Production Processes".
- Lee, Youngju, "Multivariate Statistics and Big Data Analytics in Bioprocessing and Chemical Engineering".
- Agarwal, Aman, "Machine Learning and Neural Computing in Bioprocessing and Chemical Engineering".